Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My husband, the photographer


Today I want to introduce my husband to you because I want to give him credit for two of the photographs on this blog. My husband's name is Guy, and he's been taking photos since his uncle gave him a camera when he was a boy. 

He took the picture of the jaguar, at the top of this page, in the zoo in Brasília, the capital of Brazil. Jaguars live in Brazil, in the forests on the high plains of the central plateau and in the rainforests of the Amazon. I wonder how they're getting along and if climate change will be hard on them.

Guy also took the picture of the oil refinery in yesterday's entry. We were near Houston in Texas, where oil is one of the main industries. Do you think the refinery looks like it's good for the environment? 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Nana Greta I hope youre walk works P.S are you walking across the border? From, Paul

Anonymous said...

Dear Nana Greta,
I don't think that the refinery is a good thing
for the environment because the smoke releases
bad gases into the air.
from,
Tiffany from Ms.Harts class

Greta said...

Hi Tiffany - You are so right about the bad gases. They're part of what's causing global warming.

Paul - I don't think I'll walk across the border. But maybe when I get there I'll want to. Did you ever go to Canada?

Anonymous said...

Dear Nana Greta,
My name is Bianca I just want to say that I am so inspiered from reading what you put on your web site. P.S. I love your web site!

Anonymous said...

I don't think the refinery is good for the enviorment becausethe smoke releases bad gases into the atmosphere.From,Lucas Bermudez